Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Newest Addition.........

to my Webkinz family.  My littlest nephew, Itty Bitty gave me Minty Moose, who I named Candy Cane for an early birthday present.  Isn't he cute!?!  I know I am a dork but, my other 2 nephews got me started on Webkinz a couple years ago and I don't want my account to expire and loose all my hard work.  You have to buy a new Webkinz every year to keep your account from expiring.  I know one of these days I will grow out of it.  I really don't play on it much anymore, only a few times a month but, I am not ready to give it up yet.


My nephews came yesterday while their mom and dad went to their dad's X-mas party at Brennan's.  So we decided to put together and decorate my grandma's X-mas tree.  We decorated most of the tree while we were visiting and then we started goofing off.  My older nephew was checking out my grandma's new land line phone.  The old one died so we had to buy a new one.  The phone is pretty cool.  It speaks the name of the person calling when it rings.  So he started recording new greeting messages,  funny messages.  For a good 30 minutes they were recording messages and having a blast.  So I started thinking when we were little we use to prank call people but, if you tried that now days you would receive a return call since everyone has caller id......technology!  We were mischievous little ones.  But, we had a great time visiting with each other.  Then my sister and brother-in-law showed up with treats for the kids.  My sister said the first thing on the menu was turtle soup and she couldn't eat it because it reminded her of the little turtle, Little Stone, my older nephew had and then they released it into the pond.  We had to laugh.  I don't think I could of eaten it either.  However, they said the food was excellent.  So the tree is about finished.  Pic of the tree & my sister's tree coming soon.  I have to applaud my sister every year for putting together her tree and decorating it......it is like the Macy's tree.  I would never put together and decorate a tree that big.  But, it looks so beautiful when she is finished.  But, remember the true meaning of Christmas is Jesus' Birth.  We have to keep Christ in Christmas and keep Christ in our country.  With God everything is possible but, without him nothing is possible.  

No comments: