Thursday, September 30, 2010

Reflections of Me

In the past, numerous times I have been tempted by the devil and fell feet first into his temptations.  I have been working on this with myself and keeping my eyes open to when the devil is trying to play one of his dirty tricks on me.  I have been doing rather well but,......

I was previously tempted by the devil and didn't even realize it.  This time, he totally caught me off guard.  When the consequences came along I realized what had happened.  At that moment, I confessed the sin and asked for God's forgiveness.  I am so thankful to Jesus for dying on the cross and forgiving us from our sins.  Now, I have put my guard up to make sure the devil doesn't succeed again.  Of course, I have to work on this every day because I am not perfect.

Well, which brings me on how I started reflecting on me.  I really love being in my 30's.  I remember when I was in my upper 20's and so worried about turning 30.  I literally thought 30 was going to the grave.  But, through the years you learn so much about yourself and you really grow, or at least I did.  I think the 20's is the carefree fun time.  You know what you have to do and you do it but, you are young and you are still in the fun mode.  I am not saying when you get to your 30's you don't have fun, I still have fun with laughter, smiles, and giggles.  It is a requirement in life.  You have to do this to keep balance in your life, or life isn't going to work. 

My life hasn't been perfect as I thought it would be but, I did learn no one's life is perfect.  I grew up and graduated from high school, wanted to go to college and I did then thinking I would have a successful  career and a husband along with a house.  Well, it started to happen.  I went to college and fulfilled my dream being the first person in my family to graduate from college with a bachelor's degree.....one of my major accomplishments.  Well, I didn't follow my career instead I followed a guy and settled for another type of work which I rather enjoy.  Well, things didn't work out with my prince charming, first love.  When I was younger,  I use to be narrow minded and I learned to be open minded.  Because when I think about it now, God is open minded.  There is a bible verse in the bible that states do not judge and you will not be judged, do not condemn and you will not be condemned, and forgive and you will be forgiven.  I keep this verse in my mind every day and do my best to follow through with it.  Some how I have gotten off track and forgive me switched subjects, that is why I am not a great writer.  Through my journey in life I worked for several corporations and learned valuable skills.  Through the journey, I did succeed, fail, stumble, and fall.  But, what is that saying failure is success turned inside out.  I think that is it.  Along the way health problems arose and I did go through some years of unemployment.  I learned I had colitis and had to learn how to overcome that.  Another major accomplishment of mine.  For the most part, I have mastered this and learned how to eat certain foods so my colon doesn't flare up without taking meds.  I am totally not into meds but, I do take them for my thyroid  and if it is something important and there is no other way for help.  I still have flare ups from time to time but, I know how to handle them.  Well, through these years I learned a lot about myself and my family.  Of course, my family has always been close.  We are a close knit family, we love each other and yes we have our days.  I also got to spend a lot of time with my nephews and god kids.  Which was great!  I became a wonderful Aunt.....and still learning.  Another major accomplishment of mine.  I started working again for corporations and then along came my thyroid problem.  I asked God why do I have to go through another health problem but, he didn't answer.  He provided me with a wonderful doctor who got my thyroid back on track in a month's time.  After thinking I mastered this problem I went back to work for a wonderful company.  It was my favorite job.  The people were so nice, intelligent, and like a family.  I felt so lucky to of had the chance to work there.  Thanks to my brother and the HR Manager.  But, again my thyroid and colitis acted up so I had to quit.  By the time I was well my grandmother fell and I started helping her.  She was always there for me so I am glad to be there for her.  I am hoping in October to try my hand at doing online admin jobs for different companies.  I think it will be a great opportunity and I can still be here for my grandmother.  Of course, when the time is right I want to continue my career with a company outside of the home but, for now  I need to help my grandma and focus on my health.


I had to write this and express myself because I started reflecting and meditating on me and my life and wanted to share.  I know there are more things I can say and I am forgetting, like my life from extravagant life to budget life but, I will leave that for another post.  I hope you get something from reading this. I also hope you can get past the grammar errors, run on sentences, and etc... because writing isn't one of my strong points but, I do express myself.


Thank you for reading this and enjoy your day!

No comments: