Thursday, November 25, 2010

Awesome Thanksgiving!

We had an awesome Thanksgiving.  There was so much food.  Too much food so that means yummy leftovers.  First, there was the turkey and the ham covered in pineapple.  Then a few stuffings.  My grandma made her stuffing.  My brother-in-law made his stuffing and my cousin's husband made his stuffing.  Then plenty of sides, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, potato salad, macaroni salad, corn salad, cucumber salad, green bean casserole, green beans, peas, stuffed mushrooms, cranberry sauce, and cranberry relish.  I think we got a little carried away.  But, it was yummy!    Then there were several desserts, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and a fabulous Boston creme cake my brother picked up from House of Pies.  I am not a fan of pumpkin or pecan pie so of course I chose the Boston creme cake and it was awesome.  Afterwards, we celebrated birthdays and then the kids decided to play baseball.  Thank you God for providing us with a great Thanksgiving!

To bring Thanksgiving to a close there was an awesome special on about Taylor Swift promoting her new CD, SPEAK NOW.  I admire Taylor.  She is so down to earth, beautiful, and talented.  I love to listen to her sing.  You can tell when she sings her songs are from the heart.  I feel honored that my birthday is the same day as hers......isn't that cool!  I hope she comes to Houston again next year.  I would love to see her in concert again.  She puts on an awesome concert!

I hope everyone had a wonderful and happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments: